Who we are
Your Federal Benefits Experts.
As the only organization solely dedicated to the general welfare of all federal workers and retirees, NARFE delivers valuable guidance, timely resources and powerful advocacy. For nearly a century, NARFE has been a trusted source of knowledge for the federal community, Capitol Hill, the executive branch and the media.
Since NARFE’s founding in 1921, the association’s mission has been to defend and advance the earned pay and benefits of America’s civil servants. Today, NARFE’s team of professional lobbyists continues to work tirelessly on behalf of the federal community. Supported by grassroots activists, NARFE is a leading voice in Washington and across the country. Federal benefits and retirement plans are unique, complex and subject to change.
NARFE provides both federal workers and retirees with the clear, reliable and accessible counsel they need to make critical decisions and gain confidence in a secure future. NARFE webinars, training conferences, magazine, online benefit resource library, and individual counseling services all offer in-depth expertise on key issues.
As a member of NARFE you receive:
- NARFE magazine — The prime source of information and guidance on critical legislation and benefit issues.
- Access to a team of Federal Benefits specialists for answers to complex benefit questions.
- Legislative alerts on issues that impact the federal community. Our online Legislative Action Center gives you quick and easy access to your member of Congress
- Legislative alerts on issues that impact the federal community. Our online Legislative Action Center gives easy access to your member of Congress.
- Member-only discounts on products and services you use regularly, as well as eligibility for scholarships and disaster relief grants.
When you join NARFE, you will protect your earned pay and benefits, ensure you can get trusted guidance on complex pay and benefit questions, and support the federal community.
Not a member? Find an application to join here
Legislation Action Center
Find out what the current congressional activity is and take action